Friday, May 12, 2006

Bucky's Season So Far

Bucky has had a solid season so far. While the homers haven't come quickly (Newsday points out he has as many stolen bases as homers), his plate discipline has been very good. While it's only ten games into the season, Bucky has more walks (11) than strikeouts (8). Bucky's on-base percentage is hovering around .475 meaning he's getting on base almost every other time up to bat.

Sorry updates haven't been as quick this past week. I've been out of town with a family funeral.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a sports writer in Tacoma WA so of course I was privileged to cover Bucky for parts of three seasons and what fun that was! Today I talked to his buddy and former teammate Justin Leone, now playing for San Diego's AAA team, the Portland Beavers. Justin told me Bucky was in an independent league so I googled him tonight and found your site with updated information on "our Bucky." Good luck to him and his knees--I'll keep checking on him during the season. Thanks for your information.